Thursday, July 26, 2012

In My Blood

Although I've officially signed off as an educator, I discovered during this year's Summer Tour, Fiber 2012, that I do love to teach.  The first step along this line was to teach my brother-in-law and his wife to use a table saw.  Rob took to it like a duck to water; he ended up buying my table saw. I'm very proud of the farmhouse table he, Elaine, and I created.  (The credit really goes to Rob because all I did was cut the wood.) I'm eagerly awaiting a picture of the table after its been finished.  We used a plan from Ana White and modified it to meet their desires, and the beautiful wood they chose. Besides teaching them to use the saw, I really enjoyed working with Elaine as we selected which boards to use in the table top, then watching Rob and Elaine discuss the actual placement of each board.  It was so much fun to work through the construction process, selecting each piece of wood and making sure the grain was highlighted to its best before we actually cut the wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment