Friday, July 27, 2012

Can't touch this, or why I come with baggage!

Anyone who knows me is well aware that I come with baggage, and needles of several types and sizes.  On our recent Fiber Tour through the Midwest, I was reminded of why I must use bags.  It was the day of my future GREAT grandson's baby shower, and I was rushing out of the elevator with a project for him in my purse. (Purses are never large enough for me as will soon become apparent.) Halfway across the hotel lobby I felt a pull on my ankle and looked down to see the baby hat I was working on wrapped around my leg. I began to follow the yarn back to the elevator and shrieked when I saw it continued into the closed elevator doors!  The lobby clerk came over to see if she could help and saw my angst. I began wrapping the yarn strand around my hand....it would slacken, then tighten, and slacken again, until it broke. The clerk seemed happy until I told her there was yarn missing. We stood there staring at the doors wondering if the elevator was going to fail.  The elevator doors opened and a nice man stood there; he said "Does this belong to you?" and handed me the ball of yarn.  I was so grateful that both the elevator wasn't broken, and I had the yarn to finish the project below.  Now, we're just waiting for Wyatt to come and use them.  


I'd love the opportunity to make a similar set for someone you know or may be looking forward to meeting.  These were made with a sock yarn with the colors that Wyatt's parents have chosen for his room.  Sock yarns come in a beautiful array of colors, and solids as well. Please head over to my Etsy store and convo me if you're wishin' and hopin' like we are.

2 comments:

  1. Would your husband be part of your baggage?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course! But you're such a great help with the rest of it! And there is so much of it to contend with...

    ReplyDelete